Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ice Cream Cone Pizza - Recipe

"You know what would be good, Mommy? Ice cream pizza!"

That's what started this. Sebastian wanted his pizza shaped like an ice cream cone. I started with one of my favorite pizza crust recipes (which is 29 WW P+ for the entire crust, according to Living Cookbook).

I prepared the dough according to the directions, but instead of just rolling the dough, I rolled it out and cut it into 4 sections, which I then rolled into balls and let rest a little longer while we fashioned out "sugar waffle cone" mold.

Pardon the nasty bananas. I'm making banana bread tomorrow.

Cut out a cereal box and curve it in the the shape of a sugar waffle cone. Go ahead and use a piece of tape to secure it.


Wrap heavy duty foil around the cereal box cone. Be sure to make a little bit of an edge.


Spray the foil with non-stick spray. Mold the dough around it, sealing the edges very well. Pull the cereal box cone out of the foil and set the foil & dough aside. Use the cereal box cone to repeat the process until all 4 cones are completed.

Yes, I know what that looks like. It looked even more like one from other angles.

Stand the dough cones, point up, on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Remove the foil and prop the cones, point down, in a clean steel can. Fill with your favorite pizza toppings.

Those are chopped black olives, not rodent turds.



Put back in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and toppings are warm.





These held together very, very well and were delicious!! Sam is going to make some more permanent molds for shaping and baking the dough, as well as a friendlier rack for cooking the filled cones. I was going to take a picture of myself, eating from the pointy end, but one phallic symbol picture in this blog entry was enough!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your articles. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort in writing the blog. I am appreciating your effort about pizza cone

Pizza Equipment

Unknown said...

It looks like Shawarma! Thanks for sharing this recipe it's definitely a really good reward for my brother who got his Alcohol Server Certification last week. But still work on the dough first. I'm not really the cook-type but I'd like to do something special for him.