Friday, January 21, 2011

I must replicate this at home.

My favorite, favorite sauce/topping/marinade/dip is Chipotle People's Sweet Heat Addiction. My BFF, Amy, got some of this, along with some salsas, for my birthday a couple years ago. It was a huge hit, and she got it for me again. As long as Mad Men stays on the air, I'll be getting this mouth party for my birthday.


The problem is, it only lasts so long. My birthday is in May. I have been very, very conservative with my Sweet Heat usage but I finally ran out today. I haz da sadz. My eyes teared up. Mostly because my mouth was on fire as I licked the very last of it off my plate. Have you ever watched a hamster at its water bottle? Image I'm a giant hamster, standing in my kitchen, licking the hell out of an upside down bottle, contorting my tongue to get as far up in there as possible. Ew, okay, that sounds gross. Never mind.

The ingredients are simple:

brown sugar, chipotle paste (dried & smoked jalapeno peppers, tomato paste, water, vinegar salt, citric acid), water, fresh onion, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, cilantro, fresh garlic, salt, chipotle seeds, xanthan gum (this last weird thing, I actually have in my pantry)

All of this makes a 14.7 oz bottle of sweet & spicy goodness. Each tablespoon has 25 calories (1 g fat, 6 g carbs, 0 g protein). What's the best way for me to replicate this puppy? I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed a constant supply of this stuff. It's called Sweet Heat Addiction for a reason!

No comments: