Sunday, January 2, 2011

Chalene Johnson's 30-Day Challenge: Day 2

Assignment 2: How to determine your priorities.

There's a great worksheet for this assignment.

First, make a list of all the areas of importance in my life. Okay, let's do that! In no particular order (because brainstorming is just about getting your thoughts out there, refining comes later):

providing for my family, making memories rather than accumulating things, providing learning opportunities, trying things once, being a positive influence on others, making life easier for everyone, being healthy and encouraging healthy behaviors in others, learning, being organized

Next, identify the 5 most important areas.

providing for my family, providing learning opportunities, making life easier for others, being healthy and encouraging healthy behaviors in others, learning

Then, identify the top 3 priorities.
providing for my family, providing learning opportunities, being healthy and encouraging healthy behaviors in others

Put the top 3 in order.
providing for my family, being healthy and encouraging healthy behaviors in others, providing learning opportunities

Now, take priority number one and complete the  following statements:

The reason why I have placed the greatest importance on this area of my life is because: there are many things I can do to ensure my husband and son are taken care of, and that my son grows up to be a well-rounded, caring, and helpful member of society.

I will honor my number one priority by vowing to do my best to always: think about what is best for my family in the long term, treat my son and husband with respect, and taking care of myself so that I'm the best "me" I can be for them

The following action(s) would be inconsistent with my commitment to my number one priority: being selfish, ignoring my family members, not taking the time to be with them

To honor my number on priority I will limit: frivolous spending, impulsivity on decision making and negative behaviors,

To live my life according to my number one priority I need to make the following changes: spend less time on the computer, seek out opportunities for growth (for them and myself)

Now make a clear Priority Statement:


My number one priority is to be a good role model and provide my family, my son in particular, opportunities to experience life and learning, with the confidence to try new things and pursue their own goals.

No comments: