Sunday, October 31, 2010

More Halloween Fun!!

Along with my spooky dinners, I had scary plans for the weekend. On Friday night, Sam was gone, so Sebastian and I made popcorn and watched It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and Scared Shrekless. On Saturday,

Saturday night, the three of us went to Manteo to the haunted house at The Lost Colony, Quarantine Island. In years past, we've gone to Trick or Treat Under the Sea at the aquarium, and we've done the Haunted Hayride in Corolla at the Whalehead Club (which they don't seem to be doing this year). This year we went to First Flight Elementary School's main fundraiser, Trick or Treat Night. It was really great! Admission was a $2 (or more) donation per person, plus a canned good. Brilliant idea - NHES should do a food drive. We bought tickets to the haunted house, to sort of test out how Sebastian would handle it. I screamed. He did great, so I stopped worrying about how he would do at The Lost Colony. And he was fantastic! The production put on by the Lost Colony was amazing! I absolutely loved Quarantine Island and we are definitely going again next year. The only "bad" part was when I cut my tongue on a prop. About halfway through, we were in a section that had large rubber things hanging from the ceiling. They were blowing around as part of the production and I opened my mouth for some reason, and it hit me just right. It hurt my teeth a bit and left a good cut on my tongue. It was bleeding enough that I could see blood on my fingers in the semi-dark, and I could really taste it. There are also spots of blood on my sweater where I tried to blot it. But even with that, I loved it, and it was well worth the $30 we paid. Even Sebastian loved it.

Sunday morning, I got up very early to hide Halloween candy & trinkets around the house. When Sebastian woke up, I gave him his plastic pumpkin bucket and told him to start his treasure hunt. He found his loot then we took him to buy a new bike - exercise to burn off all those candy calories. His old bike was too small and it still had the training wheels. He couldn't ride it very well, so we upgraded and got him riding a bit. He did very well for his first sink or swim.

We ended the night in a very bad parent kind of way. We watched Paranormal Entity (Netflix Watch Instantly) and Paranormal Activity (Netflix Watch Instantly). I'm a bit of a ghost hunter freak. I would love to do some real paranormal investigating, not that stuff you see on television. Anyway, Paranormal Entity was stupid, stupid, stupid. Paranormal Activity was much better - the end even creeped me out a bit.

Other Netflix Watch Instantly to get in the mood:
Paranormal: Haunts and Horrors
Paranormal State: Season 1 -- Season 2 -- Season 3 -- Season 4
Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal: Season 1 -- Season 2

No comments: