Sunday, May 2, 2010

My son knows me well.


Yesterday, Home Depot had its monthly kids workshop. Sebastian told me that he and Daddy didn't get to do the workshop, that Home Depot wouldn't let them because they'd done too many workshops already. I knew he was fibbing, for a good reason. He was saving the planter he built for today. He put purple flowers in it and made a purple card. Today is my 35th birthday, and it could not have been more perfect.


Last week, my husband gave me my gift. I'd been looking at that bike for a while. It's nothing major, just a basic Walmart bicycle (because I am insanely cheap!!) but I love it. I named it Sheldon.






I do love the nerd. I briefly majored in physics in college. I wanted to be a physics teacher, but I slacked off so badly after high school that I was lucky to graduate with my pitiful philosophy degree. Yes, they actually offer degrees in fucking off at SUNY Fredonia.









I had a most awesome pan-seared tilapia with steamed broccoli for dinner. Sam and Sebastian had ribs, but I'd been craving fish, so that's what I made for myself. For dessert, I had a Weight Watchers yogurt. For my husband's birthday last month, I made very awesome diet soda cupcakes but these are not something I can eat just one of. I'm a binge eater. Well, I use binge eating as an excuse to overeat. I do not meet all the criteria to be a real binge eater. But as I stuffed my face with ice cream this weekend (probably  2 quarts of it, in 2 days), I reminded myself that I don't really have a problem. Nope. I don't binge often enough to be considered a binge eater. So I think I'm just your run-of-the mill overeater. Therefore, I did not make myself any diet soda cupcakes.

Oh, and welcome to my personal blog. I've spent the last 3ish years posting about my quest to slim down and get strong, but I've neglected noting the other aspects of my life. I do post snippets on Facebook, but I will probably forget all the awesome stuff that's happened since I last blogged on MySpace (back in July)!!

No comments: